There are many ways of making things look appealing. One such mode is by airbrush painting. This article will feature more of airbrush techniques.
It is always a good thing to embrace the origin of this mode of painting.
- Charles Burdick, in 1830, modernized the technique by airbrush device to retouch photographs.
- In 1930, advertisement agencies upgraded the technique as it was being used in the Pin Up posters on American planes.
- During the 1940s, Walt Disney moved these techniques to the big screen. The first works were on animated movies.
- In 1960, airbrushing made its way into the music world. It was used to paint the album covers.
- Today, the airbrush technique is used virtually in all fields.
Airbrush techniques are mere manipulation of hand brushing. Airbrushing is spraying paint to produce predictable patterns. Airbrush, in this context, is a compressor which allows the passage of fast moving air paint which is sprinkled on a surface. The various types of airbrushes include:
- Feed system
- Mix point
Different airbrush paints are used and are dependent on the type of airbrush used.
There are various techniques used for airbrushing.
- The two main airbrushing techniques based on the airbrush types used are single and dual action techniques. The dual action technique allows easy control and precise release of the amount of paint. The single action technique releases a fixed relative amount of paint to airstream.
- Another category of airbrushing technique is divided into the manual and the computerized. Manual technique requires the use of hand held spry guns filled with paint. Then, you need to press the piston to release the paint onto the canvas in a desired manner. The computerized technique is done by the use of software, mostly photo paint software. This technique allows you to add paint onto a drawing in a soft copy before you print it out or publish it online. It takes training and dedication to produce standard and presentable paintings.
If you are a beginner and planning to take classes on airbrushing, you need to be aware of the following things and concepts.
- Types of airbrushes and learning how to use them
- Air sources
- Airbrush colors
- Learning the different geometric shapes
- Doing simple painting
Artists will always have the curiosity in discovering new techniques to paint their artworks. If you are an artist or an aspiring one, you can now produce a masterpiece using airbrush techniques.